Change the way you work with Mums forever
Say goodbye to just wondering if you are doing the right thing with your pre & postnatal clients..... and HELLO to:
KNOWING what you don't know
INCREASING your knowledge
Building your CONFIDENCE
ENSURING your female clients are looked after
safely and effectively in motherhood.Register for course
"I thoroughly enjoyed this course, it was very informative and a great eye-opener. Jen did a fantastic job of getting the information across" - Dayna Spiller, NZ
It's no secret, I am on a mission to ensure all women are looked after safely & effectively within the fitness industry once they become a Mother.
And in order to complete this mission I have a secondary mission:
'To ensure every fitness professional (YOU) has a sound, general knowledge in working with mums'.
I truly believe the future of the Fitness Industry is through Education and Collaboration and I get super excited when I get to share the knowledge I have learned on training and working with mums over the last decade with YOU, the awesome fitness professionals, that choose to spend a whole weekend with me.
We deep dive and get hands ON learning how to safely and effectively work with your mum-clients and move past the overwhelm and confusion of wondering if you are really doing the right thing or not.
All of the techniques and philosophies within Safe Return to Exercise are those that allowed me to run a successful, six-figure, mum-focused fitness business for TEN years.
To become THE go-to mums and bubs fitness business/personal trainer in my area, create partnerships with other health and medical professionals AND gain respect from them in the process.
Through your Safe Return to Exercise Accreditation I want to help you do the same......
I will help you to:
- Remove the confusion around what you should and shouldn't be doing with your pregnant and postnatal clients
- STOP hoping you are doing the right thing
- Have the CONFIDENCE to legitimately call yourself a pre and postnatal accredited trainer
- Take the first and most important step to becoming THE go-to trainer in your area/gym for mums
- BE the mum-focused Fitness Professional that your clients RAVE about and others HAVE to work with
- Get organic referrals and GROW your business because it's clear you know your stuff
- Become TRUSTED and recommended by other health and medical professionals
- Have FUN and choose who you want to work with within your Fitness Business
It's always better when you hear it from someone else.....
"Safe Return to Exercise is an invaluable course for anyone working with mums or mums-to-be. Jen is super passionate about educating FitPro's with the tools & resources to confidently & effectively support & empower mums safely back into exercise. I would encourage all fitness professionals to do this course, you won't regret it I promise. I loved it!"
"The course thoroughly covers all you need to know as a fitness professional to safely train your mum clients with a toolbox of information - from training a mum during her pregnancy to working alongside a Women's Health Physio to carefully & gently return her to her full potential"
Your improved knowledge will include:
- Defining Safe Return to Exercise
- Body image & the importance of the language
- Mental health, PND and how to get help
- Changing the conversation between mums, fitness, health and medical professionals
- How a woman’s body changes in pregnancy
- Exercise during pregnancy
- Key points to monitor in pregnancy and post-natally -
- Triggers, definitions and terms you need to know
- Anatomy and function; how pregnancy and a vaginal delivery affects the pelvic floor.
- How to properly talk to and guide your client around pelvic floor
- Practical Pelvic Floor – correct and incorrect pelvic floor function and how to gain insight on what is happening on the inside from the outside
- How to check for abdominal separation using more than one testing strategy
- Understanding depth & abdominal control
- How to activate Transversus Abdominis
- Guideline’s for returning to exercise
- Practical hands on and cueing
- Pelvic pain
- Pubic Symphosis
- How to properly understand, check and adapt for the most common pregnancy and postnatal contraindications - The FIVE Key Contraindications
- Programming changes and checks into your sessions plan
- Progressions and regression planning
- Your pre and postnatal medical questionnaire
- Trigger questions and what more do you need to know
- How to interpret and work with their answers
- How to connect with and work alongside a Women’s Health Physiotherapist to ensure the best possible care for your clients
- How to work with and interpret the advice of your Women's Health Physio partners
Safe Return to Exercise is focused on being THE foundation for YOU to be the very BEST trainer you can be for your mum-clients.
With your virtual Safe Return to Exercise Accreditation you will receive:
Connection, support & accountability
Access to our FitPro's for Mums Facebook group for ongoing support & implementation
Pre-work video recordings to familiarise yourself with all of our HANDS on work.
NOTICE BOARD so you can submit questions to be answered between live sessions
Virtual Early Bird Pricing
There is special earlybird pricing on our courses when booked three weeks out from your course start date
Use the code SREEARLYBIRD when booking within this timeframe
Upcoming Virtual Course Dates
Feb 2022 weekend course - Sat 5th & Sun 6th Feb from 10am - 5.30pm ADST
March 2022 weekday course - Wednesday 16th, THURSDAY 24th, Wednesday 30th from 9.45am - 2.45pm AEDT
Our virtual courses will have MAXIMUM number of spots available to ensure your best possible learning experience.
You must turn up LIVE to each date to pass your Safe Return to Exercise accreditation - no recordings will be made available.
Virtual Safe Return to Exercise is for you if..
- You are dedicated to continuing to up-skill especially during a time like this.
- You want to become THE go-to person in your area KNOWN for working with mums.
- You are a Fitness Professional working with WOMEN - in 2016 mums made up 77% of women aged 15+
- You are a Fitness Professional who is currently working with mums but don't hold an actual accreditation (often times you might not even know you need a specific qualification - you do)
- You are newly qualified and know you want to work with mums within your Fitness Business
- You are already working with mums within your established fitness business but want to refine your practices and processes
- You work within a big box gym running group training sessions and you want to understand how to individually look after the women who attend your classes
- You work one on one with clients and want to know where to start and how to work with them in the most effective way
- You run group training sessions and you want to know how to properly screen and structure your training sessions to look after all of your mums to the best of your ability
- You have female clients with older children - once postnatal, always postnatal
Safe Return to Exercise is NOT for you if..
- You don't want to train your female clients once they enter motherhood
- You think that working with mums is a quick fix to fill your 9.30am time slot through just ticking a box of accreditation
- You are not open to continuous learning and commitment to a growth mindset within your fitness business
- You think you have learned it all from previous courses
- You expect to know everything straight away - our time together will give you an amazing foundation for your continued learning but the real work starts when you begin to implement your learnings
- You are not open to partnerships with other health, fitness and medial professionals to best support your mum-clients
Wanna hear from more of our awesome participants ????
I can read your FAQ'n mind.....
1. I've done pre and postnatal trainings before, do I really need to do this one too?
2. I'm brand new to the industry, will I be in over my head?
3. Will I get course notes or slides so I can go over what I have learned?
4. I'm a guy - is this course okay for me too?
5. Will I be insured to work with pre and postnatal women?
6. What about the hands on stuff now it's in a virtual environment?
7. Do I need further insurance to work with pregnant and postnatal women?
8. Can I arrive late/leave early?
9. I'm not actually a Fitness Professional can I do the course too?
10. Is there a test to be passed and how will this be done?
Meet your team - Me! Jen Dugard - Creator
I am the founder of the Body Beyond Baby brand, creator of Fitness Professional education Safe Return to Exercise and author of the book How to Love your Body as much as your Baby.
I have over 15years of experience within the Fitness Industry in a range of roles from Personal Trainer, Outdoor Group Fitness business owner, mentor, educator and presenter.
My personal mission is to raise the standard of the fitness industry through education and collaboration and has been executing this for many years within the pre and postnatal space. Positioning myself as a specialist both in working with women and training the trainers that work with women, I am a huge advocate of strengthening relationships between the fitness industry, allied health and medical industry.
I share my knowledge and experience by regularly presenting at key industry conferences including FILEX, Australia, ExPro in Singapore and FITEx in New Zealand. I am a regular writer and sit on the board of Fitness Australia.
Sheridan Carthew-Wakefield - Master Trainer
Sheridan has a Bachelor of Human Movement Degree majoring in Health and PE and career as a high school Health and PE teacher spanning over 10 years prior to joining the fitness industry.
In 2015, almost 3 years into motherhood, Sheridan launched her first business The HIIT Fix (mostly female client base).
She completed her Safe Return to Exercise accreditation 2018, joined the Body Beyond Baby team and her new business My Fit Mumma was born.
Sheridan is passionate about making sure all Mums and FitPros received the education they need to keep themselves and their clients safe.
In more recent times, Sheridan has become an Ant-Diet Culture advocate with a special interest in Health at Every Size (HAES) and Body Image.
Christie Houghton - Master Trainer
Christie has a background in teaching and holds a Bachelor of Education and Diploma of Teaching, with 20 years experience behind her before opting for a career change and retraining as a Personal Trainer.
She saw a gap in the way women were looked after in the fitness industry and founded Active Soul in 2010, offering a holistic approach to women's health, fitness and wellbeing.
Christie completed her Safe Return to Exercise certification in 2017, which automatically shifted the way she trained Mums. She has additional pregnancy and post natal qualifications through Burrell Education and female specific qualifications through Nardia Norman and Dr Stacy Simms.
Christie is passionate about women's health, fitness and wellbeing and strives to inspire, educate and empower women to thrive through all stages and has been awarded 'NZ group trainer of the year' in 2019 and 2020.
Before this course I would never have known so much about Women's Health in general. After this course I am keen to gain more knowledge on Women's Health and pass on this knowledge to the many young women I work with a teach. - Thai Bi Yu
I now know that every woman that has had a baby is postnatal. I feel I am more equipped to look after myself and share my knowledge with my clients so that more people are aware of the special attention that postnatal mums need & not to rush the process. - Yee Chin Wei, Ivy
Safe Return to Exercise has been a fantastic learning and growth experience. I really expanded and cemented my learning around safely training pre and postnatal women. I think this sort of training should form part of every trainers education. It is extremely unlikely that in our work as a PT we are never going to work with a woman and or a postnatal woman. - Carissa Harrison